I got pictures from Mom today showing Ike's tree damage to their neighborhood. Lots of trees on houses, but luckily, no damage to their house - not even a missing shingle. They did go 12 days without power, but if you know my parents at all, you know owning 1 generator is not enough for them. Luckily they also were very inventive and cooked on the grill a lot! Getting cable back has been touch and go. Right now, they have it. Mom and Dad both spent several days cleaning their yard and helping out the neighbors. These pictures were taken after a lot of the debris had been picked up.
Update on Heath and Erin. All is well with the baby. Still expecting on December 14th. I've already booked vacation to drive down on the 20th and stay for a few days. I can't wait! Hopefully the baby comes on time. Keep your fingers crossed. Here's a picture I took of them via Skype the other day. I'm sure they'll both be thrilled to see their tummies on the World Wide Web. What are sisters for? :) Heath is doing a little comparison in this one.
Here are some of the latest nursery photos. Just need a baby now:
What else? I'm staying very busy with work lately. In my free time, I've been finding old friends on Facebook. Yes, I am on Facebook. I finally gave in. I feel like I was just worn down until I just had to join. But I have to say, once you get past the initial "filling out of all the info," it slows down. I'm seriously amazed at the people I've come across. Kinda fun. I've also been very attentive to politics. This presidential campaign has been the most interesting to date for me personally. I'm watching all the interviews and debates. And of course the occasional banter on Letterman and SNL. But mostly, I'm passionate about the candidate I'm voting for this election. I hope you all go out and vote. It's truly important. Of course I'm in a state where my vote actually matters; Wisconsin could still go either way. VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!
I keep meaning to post some of Heath's wedding pictures. Maybe I'll get to it this weekend. Hope everyone is doing well!




No comments:
Post a Comment