It is indeed a new year. I stayed close to the fireplace yesterday enjoying my day off knowing I only had one more to go before the weekend. It was nice to sit around, watch movies, football, catch up with family and friends on Skype, love my sweet pup, and catch up on the dreaded snow shoveling. I don't really mind the shoveling actually. It's free exercise - you don't really realize you are getting a workout, just completing a chore that must be done. But I do hate the cold. The kind of cold where inhaling causes you to cough violently. Not good. So I wear my coat that claims to be for 0-below temperatures. I don't really know how anything could be good enough for those conditions, but I don't leave the house without it for about 6 months out of the year. I also made ice cream for Bauer... yes, dog ice cream. I sometimes spoil him with Frosty Paws. You can buy the cups of ice cream in the frozen section of many grocery stores. It's made for dogs and he loves it! Please don't ever come to my house and utter the words "ice cream" around him. He'll drool until he gets some. Anyway, I was browsing the Rachael Ray website yesterday and came across a recipe. Much cheaper to make your own than to buy it. He was nose-to-hip while I was making it last night, so I figure he knows it's for him. He has that keen sense. Here is Bauer's "I'm so cute I should get ice cream" photo
Here's the recipe - I'm sure you can alter it to satisfy your pup's taste buds:
Do-it-yourself Frosty Paws
1 large container plain or vanilla yogurt
2 tablespoons peanut butter
2 bananas
Blend and freeze in muffin tins.
"Don't bother me."
It's a new year - and for many that means resolutions. I've never really done the whole resolution thing, usually more like new missions. Such as this year, I'm on a mission to stay in better contact with my friends, travel, take up running (I always try, but never quite get to the point were I can say I'm a runner), be creative, read more (if that's possible), write-write-write, work on my photography, and a few more that I won't mention... some things are worth savoring and not sharing until later. :) I even decided to change the name of my blog. When I started it this summer, I didn't really take the time to be creative, I just wanted to get it going. It's taken me a while to find my voice here, but as you can see, the more time that passes, the longer the posts get. It's fun and inspiring for the other writing I am doing.
Avery is doing well, had her 4 week appointment today. I don't know how she's a month old - the days really click off when you don't want them to! She's gained 1 pound and 1 ounce since she was born. That is of course fantastic! She's grown an inch or two also. She has long, lean legs like her mom, so I'm sure she'll be tall. She's been sleeping well the past couple of days, so hard-working and sleep-deprived mom and dad have gotten a bit of a rest finally. I hope it continues for every one's sake. Heath sent this picture of him with Avery - I just love her little fingers... she's changing so much. Such a doll. For some reason more than one of my friends has asked me if I've kidnapped her yet. I don't know why in the world anyone would think I'd be capable of that. But no - she's still with her parents. But you better believe I am the escape route if she needs it. I'm standing by with a room ready to go! :) I haven't hit that phase of my life where I want kids, but I'd certainly take her and love her to pieces.
The high today here is 15 degrees. In case you are complaining that you have it so bad down there in the south... remember me. Dying up here! Send sunshine and warmth, please. I have the groceries bought and I plan to stay indoors this weekend. I need to clean my house badly, and I plan to try and write. Hopefully the creative juices will flow. I might venture out to snap some photos of the.... white snow. What else is there?
No comments:
Post a Comment