It was time to get some close-ups of Morgan as I did with Avery a few months after she was born. It's true what they say about the 2nd child. You really don't take as many shots. And I feel horrible about that. But in my defense (and all the parents across the universe), it's harder with 2. There's more to do, more distractions, more diapers, more feedings, more playtime, more crying... it never ends. But I did manage to carve out some alone time with Morgan to at least try.
I hope to do it again soon before she's in college. Like Avery, Morgan has many faces, and they are all adorable.
Mom and I got little "Charlie Brown" trees for the girls to decorate for their rooms. Avery handed out the ornaments for Mom and me to decorate. She was very choosy and tended to give me more than Mom. Not sure what that means. I'll let you draw your own conclusions. :)
We kept the girls on Friday while Heath and Erin worked a few hours. We heard the constant, "Where Momma, Where's Dada?" We clearly don't rate. She loves her parents. At least until she's 16.
Morgan loves to suck on those 2 fingers. And if your hair is anywhere in sight, it's going in too.
You really can't tell from this shot, but Morgan is sitting on the quad I gave Avery for her birthday. Avery decided she's not ready for it, but Morgan, who realizes nothing, proudly put her foot on the pedal and rode across the living room to show up her big sister.
We took Avery to the park one day. After she burned herself out on the swing, she discovered the "sli." We went down the slide time and time again. Clearly, I need to be running 10 miles a day to keep up with this kid.
And are jungle gyms strong enough to support the weight of adults? It crossed my mind as I was running across the bridge to go down the slide.
Avery is very much into reading books now. We'll she doens't read, but if you ask her to find something on the page, she correctly identifies it 99% of the time. We're pretty sure she's the one in the family to finally make us rich. There's a bright future ahead for us all. :)
We are all back to our homes, unpacked, and catching up. Hope everyone had a great holiday. I'd love to see your family shots, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment