Tuesday, February 10, 2009

2 months and counting

The good news~


On Sunday Avery Grace Stone hit the 2 month mark. Hard to believe that she’s already there and even harder to believe she’s not older than that. She’s changed so much that I feel she’s about to get on that big yellow bus and head to school.

But I’m way ahead of myself.

I think mostly I want her to just sit up and talk to me. Not that I want her to grow up fast; I don’t. I just want her to know who I am and how much she is loved and thought of. So she’s 10 pounds 2 ounces, 22 inches long. Apparently she’s average, so that’s better than not, right?

I captured her ogling her daddy the other night on Skype.

She wouldn’t even look at me – no eye contact whatsoever. I could have been a monkey on a screen and she wouldn’t have even glanced (no comments, please). She kept cuddling with Heath, trying to nuzzle into him. It was precious, really.

My revelation~
My big bad brother who used to beat me to a pulp, frog me until I was black and blue, is now the warm soft spot for his little girl.

Now that Dad changed his email address, Mom has a new one too,

bccstone@gmail.com. This is the final change for them, as I’ve told them. Pick something and stick with it for forever. It’s a challenge keeping up with technology, especially when my parents are using technology that I’m not. My brother is the ebay teacher, only because he truly is an expert. If you want to be successful buying and selling on ebay, Heath is your guy. And I’m the everything-else-dealing-with-computers teacher. I can’t imagine what it would be like not to have had technology like this growing up and having to learn it as an adult. I guess I’m lucky that I’m around it all day and kinda have to keep up with it.

Q: If you had to cancel your television cable or internet, which would you pick?

The weather~
It’s 50 degrees here in Wisconsin Rapids today. I can actually see grass in my yard (around the edges only). It’s really a big slushy mess. But it is inevitable, and how can I complain? It’s actually decent outside, finally! I had to take advantage of the temps this weekend so I took Bauer out to the dog park Saturday and Sunday. He actually got to run with 2 very sweet pups, Trapper and Emma. The thing about Bauer is, he has no idea how big he is. Since he grew up with Trotter, a beagle, Bauer thinks he’s small and is never the alpha dog. He’s happiest if he can follow, sniffing the rear-end of whoever is leading. And yes, it’s usually me. I always have wet snot marks all over me. What can I do? Anyway, as we were walking around the park with the very nice folks who were there, Bauer often ran to the front of the pack. I was in the very back, so of course, being the very loyal dog he is, Bauer would occasionally run back to the back of the pack to make sure I was still there. And then he’d take off again.

Endless running.

Drool falling, winding around, whipping him in the face. Good times.

The sad news~
Erin sent me this blog today that she’s been following. I started reading it and have to stop every once in a while to catch my breath. The blog is about a new dad who lost his wife after child birth (this happened last year). The blog is hard to follow, but if you click on the months starting March 2008 and move forward, you’ll capture his experience grieving the loss of his wife and raising his new daughter. Pull out the tissues. I’m not kidding.
http://www.mattlogelin.com/. Great photography, too.

Friend news~


Here’s an updated picture of the Peterson’s. Sam is rolling over now and eating mashed up green beans. He’s truly becoming a little guy. And the face, how can you stand his charming little “kiss me” face? Shouldn’t this kid be starring in commercials? There is money to be made here.

What else? Heath turned 31 on Saturday. It’s always a race in my family to see who calls with the birthday wishes first. I of course won, but after talking to my mom later that day, she said she waited until his “official” birthday actually started to call him.

Implying

of course that she in fact won and

I lost.

No comments: