Monday, August 17, 2009

Do-over

Man.

It's been a rough week. Aside from working Friday evening, Saturday, and Sunday, Bauer has been through the ringer the last 7 days.

Last Monday he wouldn't eat his food. Anyone who knows the little tiger knows that it's highly abnormal for Bauer to turn anything down. By Wednesday, I dumped his food thinking something was wrong with it and bought something else, same brand, but different formula. He has done fine on that. Unfortunately, he's had an allergic reaction to something. His face was swollen a little on Saturday, he had some pink whelp areas, but not all over, just a few. He was scratching like crazy and chewing on his feet. Yesterday the swelling and whelps were gone, but his ears were super red. We were up all night with the itchy ears. I got him some benadryl from Walgreen's this morning which didn't open until 8:00 AM. Nice. Thinking it was the food, I bought him his old food today, trying to eliminate something.

When I brought the food home, his ear flaps were swollen - very odd feeling. But nothing else seems to be wrong with him. So I don't know if it's the food or if he got into something outside. Not a clue.

We see the vet tomorrow morning.

It's only Monday and I'm already wishing for a do-over!

No comments: