Monday, September 6, 2010

My first and last wedding

No - not my own.

I did photography for a colleague at work. Yes, I told her I wouldn't hire me, but she didn't listen. So, here are some of my favorites. I probably will never forget this day because I sweated more than you'd think was humanly possible. It was triple digits in the 2:00 blistering sun. I had make-up streaks down the inside of my blouse - no joke.

The best part is I realize I really don't mind doing the people shots as opposed to the nature photography I prefer. It was a black and white wedding. Which I must say, don't you always wonder if you can get away with wearing black to a wedding? It's classy and slimming. So I didn't mind it.


One of the bride's daughters

The bride's sister and niece

The brides youngest daughter - photogenic for sure

This shot was Jennifer's idea. The day before the wedding I called her in a panic realizing I hadn't even prepared for the kind of shots I'd take. She rescued me and sent me this idea, having done it at her own wedding. The picture was a total fluke. The little girl in the middle was balling her eyes out about something, and all the shots I was getting had her with tears. I realized this was the perfect opportunity to do this shot, and it turned out well. It's my favorite. (Yes, the bride has on sunglasses).

A couple of great people I work with

A niece

The groom and his dad


The bridal party

No comments: