I went for my walk/run during lunch today on the greenway. Sunny, 60s, windy, rockin' playlist. Perfect. I am adding more running intervals each time I go. And I'm increasing the distances that I run too. I run from one telephone pole to the next or find a tree or bridge to run to. The only thing that keeps me from running more is shin splints. So I am trying to really work up to it. And I've found the day of rest in between is really paying off. My body needs to recover. It's just a fact at this point. So today was my last day of training before the 5k on Saturday.
It's supposed to storm and possibly flood Saturday, so I don't know how it will go. Clearly I'm going to need some supplies. I've been working on a list that includes snacks, water, change of clothes, towels, hat, jacket, etc. The only way I'm backing out is if the race is cancelled. All I can think about is finishing, going back home, and dropping into bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment