Thursday, March 10, 2011

First 5k - really

It's been raining for days. I have been fed up with not getting my walking/running in and I've been too lazy to get up early and hit the treadmill at the gym. So after work, I raced home yesterday, changed, grabbed Bauer, and headed out to the greenway, rain and all. I thought it was sleeting/hailing on the drive over, but it subsided by the time we got there. Bauer got the brunt of the rain and mud, mainly b/c he insists on running on the grass and not on the sidewalk. It's not really about exercise for him; he's more about the sniffs along the way.

I wore a raincoat of sorts and stayed pretty dry. We only went about a mile as I realized we were the only ones crazy enough to be out there. I'm all about safety in numbers. In any case, we got out there and did our thing.

The 5k I signed up for that was supposed to be last weekend is now next weekend. I can't make that one, so I hastily signed up for one this Saturday. It starts at the Titans football stadium and ends up on the 50 yard line. Since I've never even been to the stadium yet, I thought it might be kinda cool to run inside it - and believe me, if I don't run any other stretch, I'll be running when I pass through the doors. Everyone will be watching on the jumbotron. Can you imagine?

No comments: