Friday, June 12, 2009

Friday

Only because I mentioned it previously, I'll share Avery's first meeting with the green peas. Heath said she ate them up like she'd been eating them all along. I'm sure she looks miffed b/c they were all-consumed! She's a great eater, which is a blessing. I can't wait to see her in action. I've requested a full eat/sleep schedule for when I'm there keeping her for 3 days. I just hope there's enough time to take pictures too.

I took Bauer to a park after work today. Great park on the lake, but not great for casual walking and sniffing as Bauer insists on doing. He was happy anyway, just going somewhere new and stretching his legs.

Last night Bauer decided to go after the lightening bugs. I guess the mystery of observing them was over, he was ready to go in for the kill. He was already down the steps of the deck when I realized he was in a full sprint with me still attached to the other end of the leash. Luckily there wasn't any kind of falling down moment, but I saw it coming.

This will be a short weekend. I have to work Sunday night at midnight - some time-sensitive testing that has to get done. So I'll be getting in my chores tomorrow so I can nap Sunday in preparation for the all-nighter. I've been fortunate in that my work is extremely flexible. I got to reverse some trout license purchases today. Not too exciting, but I feel like I actually did something of value. :) I'm learning more each day, I'm getting paid, what else could I really ask for?

No comments: