Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm a star

~listening to Daughtry as I type this~

Have you ever felt like you are starring in a reality show but someone failed to inform you? Like there just might be little cameras hidden in planters, wall fixtures, dark lonely corners, and places you'd just never think to look? That feeling like someone is looking over your shoulder... is someone watching? Twilight zone. Another planet. A prank. When you feel like the only normal person in sight, and then you start to think that perhaps everyone else is normal and you are the true oddity.

I hate that feeling. And yet that's the only way I can explain my week. I can't go into detail, after all this is a public blog. But I can tell you I visited the unfamiliar, or maybe I should say, it found me. I hate that rattled, shell-shocked feeling that surrounds you, the kind you can't shake. It chooses when to leave you alone, and sometimes comes around knocking again. There are very few moments I can characterize this way, thank goodness.
Needless to say, I'm very thankful it's Friday. So thankful I didn't even mind mowing the lawn this evening. I'm not even sure I broke a real sweat.

Bauer is whining so I'll leave it at that. Happy Friday.

1 comment:

Jennifer Hunt said...

Very well said! And if you figure out how to get off that reality show, please let me know. I can tell that somebody's laughing at me somewhere, but I don't know who.